Joseph Dana reports:
Amid the revolutionary cheer that was emanating from Egypt last week, a group of Israeli Jews attacked and killed a Palestinian in the heart of West Jerusalem. 24-year-old Palestinian Hussam Rwidy was killed by a group of nationalist Jewish youth screaming “death to Arabs” as he was walking home from work. The Israeli government quickly put a media blackout on the case fearing a violent reactions from Palestinians in Jerusalem, Israel and the West Bank. Once the media blackout was lifted, select Israeli media outlets covered the story as a “drunken brawl turned bad” and the story was largely ignored.
- Palestine splits Arab street and state
- Secularism, the Arab way
- Video: A lesson from Libya on the values missing in the Arab Spring
- When it views the Middle East, Washington is living in the past
- Are the Arab monarchies next?
- An ongoing displacement — the forced exile of the Palestinians
- Palestinian activists bemoan their lost Arab Spring
- Video: Freeing political prisoners a critical Palestinian demand
- Mahmoud Abbas outrages Palestinian refugees by waiving his right to return
- Video — Izzeldin Abuelaish: ‘Armed with love’
Previous post: The role of the Internet in the Libyan uprising