Ali Abunimah writes: The National Union of Israeli Students (NUIS) has become a full-time partner in the Israeli government’s efforts to spread its propaganda online and on college campuses around the world.
NUIS has launched a program to pay Israeli university students $2,000 to spread pro-Israel propaganda online for 5 hours per week from the “comfort of home.”
The union is also partnering with Israel’s Jewish Agency to send Israeli students as missionaries to spread propaganda in other countries, for which they will also receive a stipend.
This active recruitment of Israeli students is part of Israel’s orchestrated effort to suppress the Palestinian solidarity movement under the guise of combating “delegitimization” of Israel and anti-Semitism.
The involvement of the official Israeli student union as well as Haifa University, Tel Aviv University, Ben-Gurion University and Sapir College in these state propaganda programs will likely bolster Palestinian calls for the international boycott of Israeli academic institutions. [Continue reading...]
- On the American Association of University Professors’ opposition to academic boycotts
- Stephen Hawking’s boycott hits Israel where it hurts: science
- Video: Stephen Hawking and the growing Israel boycott movement
- Boston Globe defends Stephen Hawking’s boycott of Israel
- Video: Stephen Hawking’s boycott and Israeli propaganda tactics
Previous post: Dial 1 to speak to the Taliban