A video started making the rounds yesterday with the title, “THE 19 YEAR OLD FURKAN’S MOMENT OF DEATH.” It shows Israeli soldiers who appear to be kicking and then shooting someone on the upper deck of the Mavi Marmara.
I have now located earlier footage from Turkey’s Cihan News Agency from which the Furkan video was compiled. It is now apparent that due to some “creative” editing, the sequence of actions in the Furkan video are not those of the actual timeline. Still, we do know from autopsy results that several of those who died were shot at close range and such a killing may indeed be shown in this video.
The truth behind what the video depicts will only become known if the soldiers involved face questioning and if all the existing video is made available to independent investigators. If the Israeli Defense Forces have nothing to hide, they should welcome an international inquiry.
- Nuclear scientists are not terrorists
- Torture doesn’t reduce crime
- U.S. government threatens free speech with calls for Twitter censorship
- Iranians fear war, deprived of life-saving medicines — Washington satisfied
- Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan and the non-interventionists
- Turkey, Israel make U.S.-brokered peace after Mavi Marmara apology
- Documents reveal how U.S. let Israel off the hook over ‘execution’ of American Furkan Dogan
- Video: Gaza-bound ship ‘attacked by Israel forces’
- The flotilla and the siege of Gaza
- Flotilla controversy within Occupy Wall Street shows Palestine continues to be a fault line
- Why Israel needs war
- ‘Undercover Israeli combatants threw stones at IDF soldiers in West Bank’
- In a Palestinian village plagued by crime, a thin line runs between burglars and IDF soldiers
- New video showing Lt. Col. Eisner’s multiple attacks on protesters
- Lt. Col. Shalom Eisner represents the Israel Defense Forces